Let’s start here: this blog will probably be erratic. I don’t post just to post something–I post when I have something to say. Which may be twice a day at noon, or once every blood moon… who knows?
This is a personal blog intended for entertainment purposes only. All opinions are mine (unless stated otherwise) and are just that–opinions.
- I don’t expect anyone to read this blog. I’m just easily bored.
- This blog, my Twitter feed, and my YouTube account are not monetized in any way. Again–I’m bored, not looking for a get-rich-quick scheme.
- Screenshots/videos that are posted here are images/videos I’ve generated myself, using software/games/etc. that I have purchased.
- If it’s not mine, I’ll link to it, rather than embedding. If I muck it up, I’ll fix it.
- Look, my language tends to get rough, but understand that at no time do I intend to encourage or incite violence. If I say “do something about it!”, read that as “get off your butt and speak out!” or “get off your butt and protest peacefully!”
- Nothing that I post, or link to, is intended to be some kind of hidden message that contradicts #5. Quoting or referencing Fight Club, for example, should not be taken as a winking suggestion to go hit somebody or blow something up. Don’t do that. Leave the violence on the screen/in the song/in the video game.
- Just don’t be a dick, ok?
Any information I provide is accurate and true to the best of my knowledge, but there may be omissions, errors or mistakes. I think we can all agree that I am faaaaaar from perfect.
Actual background… well, I’m a gamer. I read a lot. I write occasionally. I wrote a book once. Three people read it. I work in IT. I have a couple of Things running around out there, and a houseful (three) of cats. Also a spousal unit. He’s a scientist. Actually, he’s a double scientist, because he really liked school. He’s also deeply weird. I have a degree dominated by political science and the vaguely-named discipline of “media studies” (freedom of speech, media ethics & issues, political communication… fun stuff like that). Which is why I can’t help letting that crap creep in every now and again. Sigh. Oh, and yeah, there was IT-type stuff in there, too. I graduated summa cum laude. That’s important, because my sister was only magna and I had to beat her. Obviously. (Gamer, remember?) The point is, I totally won. So there.